Schoolreadinglist.co.uk Images Policy
- Illustrative and background images are sourced from websites such as Pexels, Unsplash and Pixabay and provided on a free-to-use-for commercial websites basis and license; or on an image-by-image basis with the permission and licensing agreement of the photographer. SRL keeps an audit trail for all images used, including proof of licensing.
- Some book covers and/or product images are provided by Amazon, in which case the images are served from Amazon’s servers and not served, stored or cached by SRL. SRL does not store, serve or cache any Amazon product images or images served by Amazon. These images are provided as is by Amazon as part of the Amazon Associates program and per their Terms of Service and Operating rules.
- Other book covers and/or product images are provided to SRL for marketing purposes by book publishers or authorised publicists and used either with their permission and/or under the provisions laid out in the UK Copyright Act 1988 pertaining to reviews and criticism. Specifically: book cover images have been used under “fair dealing” provisions in the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988, section 30, paragraph 1, explained by the ICO: “Criticism, review and reporting current events: Fair dealing for criticism, review or quotation is allowed for any type of copyright work. Fair dealing with a work for the purpose of reporting current events is allowed for any type of copyright work other than a photograph. In each of these cases, a sufficient acknowledgement will be required.”
- Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.
- Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
This policy was last updated on.