SchoolReadingList.co.uk Publishing Principles Policy
- The School Reading List website writes about children’s, teen and YA books.
- Our audience is schools, parents, teachers and home educators.
- We write about children’s literature to recommend: titles we think children will enjoy; titles that we believe teachers will find useful; and titles we consider to be valuable in terms of developing a child’s personal development, imagination and world experience.
- SchoolReadingList.co.uk is committed to providing high-quality, informative, and unbiased recommendations for children’s and teen books to schools, parents, teachers, and home educators in the United Kingdom. Our publishing principles ensure that our content is reliable, accurate, and supportive of the educational and literary needs of our audience. This policy outlines the guiding principles that govern our content creation and publishing processes.
Accuracy and Credibility
- We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about children’s and teen books. Our team of experts carefully reviews and evaluates each book recommendation to ensure its quality and relevance to the intended audience.
- We strive to not endorse or promote books that contain misinformation, discriminatory content, or harmful themes. As far as possible, all book recommendations are screened for appropriateness and compliance with relevant guidelines. The School Reading List is a book recommendations website, therefore we only review titles that we recommend. We do not publish negative reviews and we do not review titles that we do not recommend.
Independence and Objectivity
- SchoolReadingList.co.uk maintains editorial independence and does not accept financial incentives, sponsorships, or advertising that could compromise the objectivity of our content. Our recommendations are based on the merit and educational value of the books.
- We aim to ensure our content is free from bias, including political, religious, or commercial affiliations. We prioritize the best interests of our readers and the educational community. When we use affiliate links, these are clearly and conspicuously indicated.
Inclusivity and Diversity
- We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in children’s and teen literature. Our recommendations feature a wide range of authors, genres, and cultural perspectives to reflect the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our readers.
Child and Teen Safety
- Although our content is written primarily for teachers and parents and is not specifically written for children and teens, the safety and well-being of children and teenagers are important to our mission. We do not recommend books that contain explicit or harmful content, including violence, hate speech, or adult themes unsuitable for the intended age group.
- We adhere to age-appropriate content guidelines and offer warnings or age recommendations when necessary, to ensure the suitability of our recommendations for different age groups.
- We are transparent about our content creation and selection process. We provide information on how books are evaluated and recommended to our readers.
- We are responsive to constructive feedback and encourage our readers to report any genuine concerns about our content. We review and address these concerns promptly and transparently.
Privacy and Data Protection
- We are committed to protecting the privacy and data of our users. We do not collect or share personal information without explicit consent.
Review and Updating
- We regularly review and update our publishing principles to ensure they align with evolving industry standards and the needs of our audience.
- We seek input from our readers, educators, and experts in the field to continually improve our recommendations and content.
- For any questions or concerns related to our publishing principles, please contact us using the contact form on our Contact Us page.
- SchoolReadingList.co.uk is dedicated to providing valuable and responsible book recommendations for children and teens in the UK. Our publishing principles serve as the foundation of our commitment to quality, accuracy, and ethical content creation. We continuously strive to support the educational and literary development of young readers while upholding our core values and principles.
This policy was last updated on.