SchoolReadingList.co.uk Ethics Policy
- At SchoolReadingList.co.uk, we are dedicated to upholding the highest ethical standards in our mission to recommend children’s and teen books to schools, parents, teachers, and home educators in the UK. Our Ethics Policy outlines our commitment to integrity, transparency, and responsible content creation.
Independence and Objectivity
- We are committed to providing independent and unbiased book recommendations. Our content is based on the educational value and quality of the books, free from external influence, including financial incentives.
- We do not accept payment, sponsorships, or advertising that may compromise our content’s objectivity. Our recommendations are made solely in the best interests of our readers.
Transparency and Accountability
- We maintain transparency in all aspects of our operations. Our ownership and funding sources are clearly disclosed to our users.
- We do not feature sponsored content or paid promotions.
Privacy and Data Protection
Inclusivity and Diversity
- We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in children’s and teen literature. Our recommendations feature a wide range of authors, genres, and cultural perspectives to reflect the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our readers.
- We seek out books that explore different cultures, identities, and experiences, and we aim to seek out and amplify new voices in the publishing industry.
Child and Teen Safety
- Although our content is aimed at teachers and parents, and not aimed at children and teens, the safety and well-being of children and teenagers are paramount to our mission. We do not recommend books that contain explicit or harmful content, including violence, hate speech, or adult themes unsuitable for the intended age group.
- We adhere to age-appropriate content guidelines and offer warnings or age recommendations when necessary to ensure the suitability of our recommendations for different age groups.
- We maintain high editorial standards. Our content is accurate, well-researched, and reviewed by experts to ensure its educational value and quality.
- All our content is original, properly cited, and respects intellectual property rights.
- We encourage feedback and engagement with our readers, educators, and experts in the field. We value the input of our community to continuously improve our content and services.
- Feedback and concerns from our community are addressed promptly and transparently.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- We operate in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to our content, data protection, and online practices.
- The School Reading List respects the DFE guidance on Political Impartiality in Schools, and we will not recommend books, engage in discussion or feedback with or partner with or respond to organisations or individuals who promote values that are not in line with this guidance. In particular, this relates to democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- We are committed to continually improving our content and services, adhering to evolving industry standards and best practices.
- For any questions or concerns related to our Ethics Policy, please contact us using the form on our Contact Us page.
- SchoolReadingList.co.uk is dedicated to providing ethical, reliable, and responsible content to support the educational and literary needs of our audience. Our Ethics Policy reflects our commitment to transparency, diversity, child safety, and integrity in all aspects of our operations. We continuously strive to uphold these principles while providing valuable services to our community.
This policy was last updated on.