Schoolreadinglist.co.uk Copyright Policy
- This website and its content are copyright © School Reading List 2009-present. All rights reserved.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it on any other website or other forms of electronic retrieval system.
- We have placed clear and unambiguous copyright notices on every page of our website. We have also disabled printing, copying and pasting, and right-clicking on our website.
Copying content from our website requires an unusually high technical ability, and to effect copying requires ‘hacking’, which is a breach of this website’s terms and conditions, and the law – specifically the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- Under UK law copyright infringement is a strict liability tort. Therefore it does not matter if the copyright infringement was intended or not, it is still a breach of the Copyright Act 1998. Furthermore, by copying material, in spite of the protections above, a user will have demonstrated an intent to commit copyright infringement – which for registered teachers could be construed as an act of professional misconduct that brings the teaching profession into disrepute.
- Schoolreadinglist uses Copyscape to track infringements and will always pursue infringements.
- We will send out automated copyright infringement notices to any website, person or organisation that copies our content. This will include sending notices to hosts, resellers and umbrella organisations. We will pursue damages and costs that are liable under applicable laws if infringement removals are not expedited and removed within 3 working days. We reserve the right to charge infringement fees and costs if removal is not expedited as required by local laws.
This policy was last updated on.